Hunt Valley, MD
Operating in 50 countries worldwide, Atradius N.V. is a growing and dynamic company that offers trade credit insurance solutions for businesses operating both domestically and internationally. Through its US subsidiary, Atradius Trade Credit Insurance Inc, an opportunity exists to join our Risk Services Team in Hunt Valley, Maryland as a part-time Associate Underwriter within our Risk Services Buyer Underwriting team. For the right candidate, Atradius offers an excellent compensation, benefits and time off package as well as a professional environment where everyone’s contribution is valued.
Associate Underwriter (Part-Time) – RS5 Buyer Underwriting
Reporting to an Underwriting Manager, the ideal candidate will be responsible for reviewing new requests for financial information on specific companies and actively pursuing the data via direct phone calls and emails. In addition, the ideal candidate will be responsible for actively monitoring, updating, and allocating daily workflow
cases to members of the underwriting staff. This is a paid Monday through Friday role with a 30 hour maximum
Key attributes of this position include:
- Demonstrating effective written and verbal communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- Serving as a key contributor both individually and as a team member
- Demonstrating the ability to multi-task in light of simultaneous requests for information, urgent customer needs, and additional on-going projects
- Cold-calling and emailing executives from companies of all sizes to request financial statements and/or
- additional relevant information necessary to effectively manage credit risk within the buyer portfolio
- Obtaining bank or trade references
- Managing central in-trays for the US, Latin America, Central America and Excluded Markets underwriting teams
- Completing necessary actions and allocating work-flow cases from central in-trays
- Processing requests surrounding data integrity issues, including obtaining new information, addressing
- duplicate records, verifying address and company operations, etc.
- Working with credit agencies to obtain updated credit reports and to launch investigations
- Responding to inquiries and information requests from various internal stakeholders
- Special projects and general clerical duties as necessary
The ideal candidate is either a college student working towards a bachelor’s degree in finance or business or a college graduate who currently recognizes flexibility in their schedule to commit 30-hours per week. The ideal candidate will be able to work from the Hunt Valley office Monday through Friday, several hours a day. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office software suite is required and effective written and verbal communication skills are critical for the position.
If interested in the position, please send your resume and cover letter to David Kadden, Manager CtC, Information Gathering and Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).