Hunt Valley, MD
Operating in 50 countries worldwide, Atradius N.V. is a growing and dynamic company that offers Trade Credit insurance solutions for businesses operating both domestically and internationally.
Through its US headquarters, Atradius Trade Credit Insurance Inc., an opportunity exists to join our Risk Services Team in Hunt Valley, Maryland as a Senior Manager leading our Buyer Review and Underwriting Support Teams. For the right candidate, Atradius offers an excellent compensation, benefits and time off package as well as a professional environment where everyone’s contribution is valued.
Job Description – Senior Manager, Risk Underwriting
Reporting to the Regional Director – Risk Services 5 Americas, you will be responsible for leading the Buyer Review and Underwriting Support teams as well as providing strategic direction for US business.
Attributes of this position include:
- Recognized technical expertise in assessing financial risk and history of making sound underwriting decisions in the trade credit insurance industry.
- Shares expertise within the organization; offers mentoring and guidance to others, both within reporting lines and to those outside of own teams.
- Is a key contributor individually and as a team member and provides direction for others
- Provides leadership for activities or individuals within risk underwriting, which may have diverse elements, including externally facing role with customers, brokers, etc.
- Oversees team performance to meet unit, country and corporate goals.
- Making necessary department and process changes to provide greater productivity and process efficiencies.
- Demonstrates skills in the area of communication, mentoring and conflict resolution.
- Managing all aspects of the Buyer Review and Underwriting Support teams to meet unit, country, and corporate targets.
- Portfolio may include domestic market and/or non-domestic including political risk markets.
- Responsible for approving new credit limits and assessing risk exposure of potential new limits including monitoring the approvals of underwriters within the team.
- Responsible for setting underwriting strategy for each known buyer group/buyer/sector/country portfolio/class of risk/customer/holding
- Responsible for compliance with internal procedures including recording of decisions for use by both internal and external customers
- Responsible for monitoring the development of the portfolio and modification of buyer underwriting risk management approach where necessary
- Ensures proactive action is taken to compensate for economic upturns or downturns on a market, industry or sector basis, in order to optimize the claims ratio
Candidates will ideally have at least 10 years risk underwriting, credit management or analytical experience. In addition to technical expertise, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate at least 3-5 years of successfully managing an underwriting team. Fluent written and spoken English will be essential; Fluent written and spoken Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.
For more information about this position and to submit your CV please contact Holly Burkett,
Sr. Manager Human Resources, NAFTA at Holly.Burkett@Atradius.com