Regional Finance Team Manager
37.5 hours/week – Chicago office
Atradius Collections provides efficient, quick and flexible solutions to collect domestic and international trade debts. With a global network of collections specialists, lawyers and insolvency practitioners worldwide, Atradius Collections serves over 10,000 customers, supporting them to reduce client’s trade risks through our efficient Business to Business focused trade invoice collections services such as Standby Services, Invoice Verification and Factoring transactions. Atradius Collections is a business unit of Atradius Group, which forms part of Grupo Catalana Occidente, one of the leading insurers in Spain and worldwide in credit insurance.
Within this dynamic, results driven and international environment we are looking for a Finance Manager to join our business based in our Chicago office. Reporting into the Executive Manager – Finance and with a dotted line to the Country Manager Americas your key responsibilities will be to:
- Responsible for the Finance operations for Americas
- providing support to the Country Manager Americas in steering business through financial planning, analysis and monitoring efforts
- Lead the implementation of the finance operations for future new countries in Americas.
- Assess requirement for set up
- Assess potential partners and work with the Atradius Group finance teams and implementation teams
- Implement required processes, procedures, controls and systems.
- Deliver through the available structures, Atradius Group Finance and local partners the daily financial processes and procedures.
- Preparing accurate, timely and regular financial statements,
- Assure up to date processing of day to day transactions (invoicing, remittance of recovered amounts; AR Management).
- Define and implement Americas Finance Plan and ensure the strategy is aligned with the Global Collections Unit and the local region.
- Review opportunities to improve the local set up processes and structures.
- Formulate priorities and strategies and align these with the stakeholders to implement these.
- Leverage initiatives from the unit and implement them in the region to optimise delivery.
- Ensure continuity is embedded through the recruitment of relevant local finance staff.
- Ensure that Collections complies with all audits, accounting and reporting requirements as set by regulatory bodies in the markets within Collections locations
- Develop management mechanism in the finance function for purposes of minimizing the financial risks and to optimise workflows within own department and cross functional
- Review and evaluate cost reduction opportunities and Identify and Initiate measures to improve short-term and long-term profitability
- Take a lead in projects within unit, representing Finance Collections as a whole
- Bachelor or University degree in Financial Accounting and relevant experience gained in an accounting role.
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Have a proven ability to inspire and motivate others and strong co-operation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English and Spanish. Additional relevant languages are beneficial (e.g. Portuguese)
- Business focused attitude and result & process focused
- Strong presentation skills.
- Able to work under pressure, prioritise and organise their workload, multi-tasking as appropriate.
- Good knowledge of International Accounting Standards
- Good knowledge of Oracle Finance and/or Hyperion
- Self-Starter, and results focussed
- Willingness to travel Internationally
What we offer
- A dynamic, international and challenging work environment
- Training and Support to reach your full potential including the opportunity for continuous professional development
- Attractive terms and conditions, including competitive salary, pension package and a range of flexible benefits and rewards.
Based in our Chicago office, this role will be responsible for Finance Operations in Mexico, Canada, Brazil and USA and will involve some international travel.
Contact Person and Contact Details
Interested? Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the vacancy you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that we do not accept speculative applications from recruitment agencies.