Hunt Valley, MD
Reporting to the Underwriting Manager for RS5, NAFTA, you will be responsible for approving/accepting new requests for insurance cover from both new and existing customers. This includes applying underwriting principles and procedures where the company is considering underwriting new risk or modifying existing contracts/buyers. Will use financial analysis techniques in assessing risk exposure of potential new cover and in assessing existing risks.
- Portfolio may include domestic market and/or non-domestic including political risk markets.
- Responsible for approving new credit limits and assessing risk exposure of potential new limits
- Applies underwriting principles and procedures where the company is considering underwriting new risk or modifying existing contracts/buyers
- Manages standard and/or non standard risk portfolio (e.g. in a structured finance environment)
- Applies analyst knowledge and principles to identify and manages portfolio exposure
- Responsible for setting underwriting strategy for each known buyer group/buyer/sector/country portfolio/class of risk/customer/holding
- Responsible for setting of standard and review limits/renew bonding lines and setting and maintaining risk scores/ratings on buyers within delegated authorities
- Responsible for compliance with internal procedures including recording of decisions for use by both internal and external customers
- Responsible for monitoring the development of the portfolio and modification of buyer underwriting risk management approach in the assessment of risks
- Ensures proactive action is taken to compensate for economic upturns or downturns on a market, industry or sector basis, in order to optimize the claims ratio
Candidates will ideally have at least three years risk underwriting, credit management or analytical experience. Fluent written and spoken English will be essential, Fluent written and spoken Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.
Candidates are encouraged to give full and due consideration to the vacancy prior to applying and discuss with their managers. The candidates will be expected to be able to take up the post in the United States main office in Hunt Valley, MD in late 2016 or early 2017. Visa and appropriate level of moving allowance will be included. Local Agreements only. No Expat agreements.
For more information about this position and to submit your CV please contact Holly Burkett, Sr. Manager Human Resources, NAFTA at Holly.Burkett@Atradius.com
230 Schilling Circle, Suite 240
Hunt Valley, Maryland 21031, USA