The March 2019 edition of the Economic Update, presenting the current economic environment across the globe and the outlook by Atradius Economic Research
The March 2019 edition of the Economic Update, presenting the current economic environment across the globe by Atradius Economic Research.
- Global – Following a 3.0% expansion in 2018, global economic growth is expected to slow to 2.7% in 2019.
- Eurozone – GDP expansion n is likely to decelerate to 1.4% in 2019, as stronger import growth results in a negative contribution from net trade.
- Advanced Markets – Growth in the US is likely to lose some steam in 2019 but remain broad-based. The UK economy is expected to see growth in line with 2018 should Brexit proceed in an orderly manner.
- Emerging Markets – Growth is likely to continue at broadly the same pace in 2019, with trade tensions between the US and China continuing to cloud the outlook.
- Credit and insolvencies – The global insolvency outlook is beginning to turn with increases forecast in the UK, Italy, and some emerging markets.